Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Life in 3 Suitcases


Just some of what I've packed
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have packed my belongings into two suitcases and one carryon for the next year! It was easier than I thought it was going to be, but I better not jinx it until I at least get to Atlanta.

I packed some of my heavier things in the carryon, which weighs in at 23 pounds!!! My entire family (including my 13 year old sister) can lift the bag over their heads, but I sadly cannot. Hopefully I will be able to find enough kind strangers stronger than I to lift my bag safely into the overhead bin.  

Below is a general list of what is in each bag. [More for future LC’s than other readers J]

  • 20” Carry On
    • “Just in Case the Airline Loses My Luggage” Bag: Pants suit, 1 pair of cropped pants, 3 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans (white and dark blue), undergarments
    • Jewelry (in a jewelry roll from Amazon)
    • Make-Up
    • Blow dryer, straightener, hair curler
    • 1 sweater for the plane
    • Downy Wrinkle Release (still need to buy this … hopefully they’ll have it at the airport?!)
    • 2 pairs of flats & 1 business heels
    • Planner, 3 small notebooks for meetings/general notes, journal
  • 24” Checked Bag
    • Black heels, nude wedges, white sandals, gold sandals
    • 1 mini-steamer (Amazon)
    •  3 purses/clutches of various sizes
    • Assorted toiletries
    • Stationary: Thank you cards and blank cards
    • Uplifting notes from sisters & friends
    • Other: hairspray, nail care, hair clips & bobby pins, hairbrush, teasing combs, Tylenol Xtra Strength, Flintstones’ chewable vitamins, belts
  • 28” Checked Bag
    • 1 skirt suit
    • 2 blazers (casual light pink/nude & hot pink)
    • 16 shirts (both casual and professional) organized in medium sized pink eBags from Amazon - highly suggest these!
    • 4 cardigans (white, black, pink, navy)
    • 14 dresses
    • 6 skirts
    • 3 nicer dresses (blue, little black dress, white)
    • 3 pairs of shorts
    • 1 pair of long tan pants
    • 1 pair of khaki cropped pants
    • 1 pair of black jeans
    • 2 Nike Shorts (for sleeping… Me? Working out? Ha.)
    • 10 shirts for lounging around/sleeping (including tanks for layering)
    • Plenty of undergarments
    • 1 bathing suit
  •  Personal Bag
    • Laptop
    • Personal Phone
    • All chargers
    • Folder for work
    • Pens
    • Wallet
    • Check book
    • Passport
    • Mini U.S. Constitution #PoliSciMajor
    • Tide to go pen
    • Umbrella
    • Other: hand sanitizer, face wipes, lip gloss, lotion, hair ties


No comments:

Post a Comment